TEXT: 1John 5:4
For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith
Once again I just want you to know that if you are born of God, you are born into victory and dominion. That is exactly what the Scripture is telling us today. You are programmed for success, ordained for fruitfulness and fashioned for excellence (John 15:16).
You see, one very common reason why many children of God live a life of defeat despite this truth is because they do not know or understand it. They believe that life is a battle field and as such they are surrounded by battles in which victory is not certain. They imagine themselves in battle and cry to God for salvation and deliverance. Friend, if you have that type of attitude, you may never experience success, at least not often, because you’d keep vacillating between victory and defeat.
But God would not have you reason that way. The truth that God wants you to know is that when you got born again, you were born into dominion. You were removed from the realm of fighting battles to the realm of enforcing your victories. If two men were sworn rivals and have been fighting over various resources, you can be sure that all that struggle would cease as soon as the one is crowned the absolute monarch of their land. From that moment forward, he has dominion over the other. He can however choose to exercise the dominion or not. That is exactly what happened when got born again. We became children of the King of kings and heir of His dominion, power, blessing, wisdom, glory etc.
This undisputable dominion of ours is a spiritual reality that cannot be perceived by any of our five senses. That’s why God gave you a spiritual faculty of perception called faith by which the righteous is supposed to live. *”For we walk by faith, not by [sensory perception]”* (2Cor 5:6). If you operate by this faculty, you’d experience victory all the time.
LET US PRAY
- I praise you Father for whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith
- I am born of God and by the Spirit of faith I declare and confess that I have overcome the world
- I operate in dominion and enforce my victory. I am indomitable and I am victorious always
- Father I pray that you will strengthen your church with all might by your spirit in the inner man unto all joy, longsuffering and supernatural exploits.
- Father we commit our nations into your hands. In your mercy give us the right leaders in Jesus Name