Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all
Call to Prayer
If you’ve been following the news, you’re likely to come up with the conclusion that this the run up to the upcoming election in Nigeria has sufficiently heated up the polity such that peace seem far fetched. Local and international bodies have predicted violence during the election and possibly thereafter. However, I have a good news for you: there is a God that can give us peace, always by all means. We His children can call upon Him to do just that and He’d hear us.
He is the God that gave Israel peace from the onslaught of Sennacherib. He sent an Angel to decapacitate Sennacherib’s army overnight such that his military campaign against Israel had to stop automatically.
He also did it for us in Nigeria in 2015. When it became clear that how ever the election goes, bloodshed was inevitable, God stepped in to give us peace. For the first time and to the chagrin of national and international expectations, the sitting president voluntarily relinquished power by conceding defeat even before the election was over. That was God in action. He can do it again. He can give us peace by all means if His Children (the church) would only pray.
Let Us Pray
- Dear Heavenly Father. We bless you and Worship you Jehovah Shalom the God of peace
- Father, we pray for Nigeria that before, during and after the election, you’d give us peace, always by all means.
- Father for your Name Sake and for the sake of the Church your elect, watch over this nation to defend it from the evil and bloodshed that the enemy has planned
- Father in your majesty, lift up countenance over Nigeria and give us peace always by all means
- Prayer for leaders After Gods own heart
- Prayer to frustrate the demonic plans and permutations