TEXT: Rom 7:22-25 & 8:2
I delight in the law of God after the inward man: But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord….For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death”
Of course, you’ve often wondered how you can be wholly free from sin. A great controversy seems to be brewing in your mind. “How could God call me a saint”, you may wonder, “when I still operate in sin”. Why do I still do the things I know are wrong and for that matter even loath? There are times you have wept the bitter words, “I have done it again!” You’ve done your best with oaths and resolutions to no avail. The truth is you want to stop doing wrong but the million-dollar question is, HOW??!!
Beloved, you cannot help yourself any more than Paul could. He was a scholar and a strict disciplinarian but the conflict of laws was working in him. Much as he wanted to obey the laws of God with his heart, another law was in his body, making him a slave to the Law of sin. What is the way out, you ask? The way out is the grace of God. Thus saith the Lord, “My grace is sufficient for you”. My strength is perfect in weaknesses. (2cor 12:9). When God called you unto holiness, he never left it to you alone to work it out. He said, without me you can do nothing (John 15:5).
Look up to Him in daily childlike trust expressed in the lips of faith to Him that says with the ultimate authority “…I will help you” (Isaiah 41:10-12). In Christ alone is rest and peace. True, we have failures in the past, faintness in the present, and fear of unfaithfulness in the future. But thus says the Lord
“I will help you, yea I will help you….and sin shall no longer have dominion over you because you live no longer under the law but in the grace of Christ” (Isaiah 41:10-12 and Rom 6:14).
You were saved by grace because you had faith in Him. You shall be preserved and helped by grace as you live by faith in Him
- Father thank you for your grace that can keep me from falling and preserve me in the path of righteousness and holiness
- Father, I yield myself to the spirit of Grace. I receive help and vitality at the throne of Grace in Jesus Name.
- I believe your word and by the Spirit of Faith I declare that sin shall not have dominion over me for I live not under the law but under the grace of Christ
I’m walking in life and righteousness because the Law of the Spirit Haas made me free from the law of sin and death
- I refuse to yield my body to sin for I’m the temple if Christ who I is living and working in me
- I am strengthened with might by the Spirit of Christ in my inner man. I walk in light not in darkness.
- Father, I this day lift up your church unto you. I pray that You will cause our love to abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment, that we may approve the things that are excellent, and that we may be sincere and without offence till the day of our Lord Jesus Christ